Permission for Second Marriage

Question: I wish to marry again without divorcing my existing wife. How may I do that?


Any husband intending to enter into polygamy shall make an application to the Chairman/Union Council, listing down his desire to re-marry and reasons for the proposed marriage. He shall also specify if consent has been acquired by the previous wife or/wives. On receipt of the application, the Chairman/Union Council shall request the existing wife/wives to nominate a representative, collectively constituting an Arbitration Council. After much discussion the Arbitration Council, if satisfied that the proposed marriage is necessary and just will grant permission to the husband to enter into a new marriage contract.