Filing an application with the Rent Tribunal

Question: How to file an application with the Rent Tribunal?


An application in respect of rented premises shall be filed in the Rent Tribunal of the area or the district. The Administrative Special Judge (Rent) of the area or the district may take cognizance of the case or entrust the same to any other Special Judge (Rent).An application shall contain a concise statement of facts, the relief claimed and shall be accompanied by copies of all relevant documents in possession of the applicant. If the application is for eviction of a tenant, the landlord shall submit his affidavit and affidavits of not more than two witnesses along with the eviction application.